Some things seem like they should be so easy that no one should have to tell you how to do it, like hard boiling eggs. Just throw them in a pot and boil, right? But I always overcooked them and they would have an ugly grey-green yolk. Or they would be undercooked with a runny yolk. Not appetizing at all.
I was finally able to find a fool-proof way:
- Put the eggs into a large pot.
- Cover with cold water.
- Place on the stove over high heat.
- As soon as they come to a boil, switch heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. (Set your timer!)
- After 10 minutes, remove eggs from heat and place in a bowl of ice water for 10 minutes.
- Place in refrigerator and enjoy!