The weather is finally changing here in northern California, making me want to make lots of comfort food like this one dish Fall Sausage and Pears. This dish is gluten-free and paleo. Look for this and other great gluten free recipes at Gluten Free Wednesdays at The Gluten Free Homemaker
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- one yellow onion, thinly sliced
- two large red pears, cored and sliced thick
- sweet Italian sausage, about two pounds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a stove top, heat the olive oil in an oven proof pan.
- Add sliced onion, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook until just turning golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove to a plate
- Add pears to pan, cut side down, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook until caramelized and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove to the plate of onions.
- Add sausages to the pan and cook until golden brown but not cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat, add back in onions and pears, and put into the oven.
- Roast for 30 minutes, or until the sausages are cooked through.
This recipe was shared on the following blogs that I love to read!